Our skin furrowing and folding is normal, especially when we age. Our face executes regular movements like squinting, frowning, raising our eyebrows, and smiling that cause these undesirable folds. Although we can opt for facial procedures that alleviate and improve our skin appearance, not all of them give off the same benefits that we expect. Some of these procedures last shorter than we expected; that is why we tend to get more procedures that will eventually spring an unhealthy skin. But with tons of beauty procedures in the market, it is rare to find an injectable that will benefit you externally and internally. If you consider trying a temporary solution for your fine lines and wrinkles, then you might want to discuss Neuromodulators with your dermatologist!
What is Neuromodulators?
Neuromodulators are utilized in preventing and treating several signs of aging such as fine lines, crow’s feet, and wrinkles because they work beneath the surface to temporarily hamper the activity that causes lines, wrinkles, furrows, and folds to form. Neuromodulator treatments lead to visibly fresh, revitalized, smooth, and rejuvenated skin.
But more than just treating the facade and improving it, neuromodulators have wonders that penetrate through us internally.
How does Neuromodulator affect our brain?
Neuromodulators are subtypes of neurotransmitters. The difference, however, is that neuromodulators happen diffusely. Because of this, the whole neural tissue is central to the action of the neuromodulators due to its exposure. As a result, it can regulate the entire brain region’s neural tissue.
An important myth to debunk is that neuromodulators do not necessarily bring excitation of inhibition from one neuron to another. However, it changes the cell properties of specific neurons to alter the neurotransmission between them. Professionals use neuromodulators for therapeutic purposes and treat conditions such as ADHD, narcolepsy, depression, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Some examples of neuromodulators are probably familiar to most of us. These are the following:
- Dopamine: According to certain studies, this example of a neuromodulator is associated with the dissimilarity of personality. Because of this, there could be a stable pattern of motivation, behavior, cognition, and emotion.
- Noradrenaline: This Neuromodulator controls the activity of both neuronal and non-neuronal cells. Noradrenaline plays a vital role in learning, modifying plasticity, and memorizing.
- Serotonin: Ninety percent of our body’s serotonin resides in our gastrointestinal tract. This means it has a massive role in our bowel function and movements. It also plays a critical role in our happiness, mood, and anxiety.
What does Neuromodulator treat?
Neuromodulators treat fine lines, facial furrows, crow’s feet, wrinkles, horizontal forehead lines, and fine lines between the eyebrows.
Your provider will use certain neuromodulator products and types for your skin issues because some products work better than others, depending on what you want to treat. Aside from treating more moderate to severe signs of aging, the procedure can also be a preventative tool before signs of aging become a more prominent part of your appearance. Because of this, it minimizes you to require more invasive treatment in the future, which saves you from drastic skin changes. The procedure typically takes about ten to fifteen minutes but depends on the area being cured.
After the treatment, you may experience and feel mild swelling and redness. These may also appear at the injection site and fade on their own, and you may resume doing your daily activities before the treatment, but make sure to avoid strenuous exercise. You will witness your desired effect after two weeks of the process. Its longevity will vary based on the treatment sites and the product. However, this does not diminish the fact that it is a perfect solution for a revitalized, refreshed, and rejuvenated look.
What types of Neuromodulators are available?
There are many types of neuromodulators to choose from. However, while selecting a particular neuromodulator is essential, your provider’s say is equally relevant. What your provider will use to treat your skin concerns will depend on their severity. Here are some types of neuromodulators you can choose from:
- Botox – Botox is one of the most popular injectables and is one of the most preferred facial treatments in the world. It is a drug extracted from botulinum used medically to treat certain muscle conditions. The cosmetic field is used to remove wrinkles and fine lines by temporarily freezing the facial muscles.
- Jeuveau – Jeuveau is also called Botox or Newtox. Professionals use a botulinum toxin type A injection to treat wrinkles and folds. Some sources claim that Jeuveau is better than Botox in treating inevitable facial wrinkles. It is also slightly cheaper than Botox and contains characteristics that stand out from the others.
- Dysport – Dysport is a medical prescription that professionals use in treating symptoms of Cervical Dystonia, Spasticity, and Glabellar Lines. The Dysport belongs to a drug class called Neuromuscular Blockers and Botulinum Toxins, which can also be used alone medically. It is said that this treatment is efficient and safe for children aged two years old and younger.
- Xeomin – Xeomin is also a medical prescription that professionals use to treat increased muscle stiffness in the arm and is also safe for children aged two years old and younger. However, this treatment can have severe side effects like speaking, swallowing, or breathing problems. If you have worse side effects than these, make sure to inform your provider right away.
We cannot dodge the skin curses that our biological bodies have. But fortunately, humans made several advancements in the beauty that will help us feel confident about ourselves and our physical appearance no matter how old we are. Medical clinics that will make us feel important are rare, so make sure to take note of one of the best medical aesthetic spas, Vital Aesthetics. In this medical aesthetic spa, not only will they gently address your skin issues, but they will also give tips and healthy practices to avoid them.
Carrying the burden and pressure of societal beauty standards is exhausting; that is why you need someone to take it with you. Contact your medical aesthetic spa of choice and get rid of those stressors to achieve refreshed glowing skin today finally!