Are you looking for ways to reduce your wrinkles without suffering significant downtimes after the treatment? If yes, a non-surgical face-lift might be the proper treatment for you. The term alone sounds contradicting but does it work? Yes, it does.
A non-surgical face-lift has benefits, and unlike the traditional face-lift procedure, the majority would opt for this minimally invasive procedure. Plastic surgeons have been performing these minimally invasive procedures for years. As non-surgical procedures are becoming safe and effective, people begin to notice them. So, how does this procedure work with minimal downtime?
What Is a Non-Surgical Face-Lift?
It is a combination of minimally invasive and non-surgical procedures. It is designed to rejuvenate and refresh your appearance without getting your skin go under the knife. Unlike the traditional face-lift, these techniques do not require surgical incisions, anesthesia, or hospital stay.
Patients can be sent home after the procedure since it is noninvasive. What’s best about the treatment is that it has little to no post-operation discomfort. Non-surgical lift treatments have a variety of methods that can improve your skin’s appearance without any surgery. Some of these non-surgical procedures include:
- Botox or Dysport injections
- PDO Thread Lift treatment
- Dermal fillers
What Can This Treatment Do On Your Skin Woes?
The decision whether you want to take a surgical or a non-surgical method in fixing the appearance of sagging skin on your face solely depends on what you are trying to achieve. While non-surgical treatments can’t create the same changes as what surgical treatments can do, the final results of your treatment only mean you need to wait a tad longer.
So, what can it do to your skin woes?
- It can lift and tighten the skin on your neck, chin, and eyebrows.
- It can make your lips look plump ad makes your face appear fuller.
- It can reduce the appearance of acne scars, freckles, and irregular skin.
- It can smoothen frown lines on your face.
What Non-Surgical Treatments Cannot Do TO Your Face
While it’s known as a minimally invasive procedure, non-surgical lift treatments do not immediately eliminate or reduce the signs of aging.
These signs include:
- Deep creases around your eyes or mouth
- Loose skin around your jaw
- Sagging skin
The Pros Of Non-Surgical Treatments
Non-surgical lift treatments have the following benefits:
- They produce quick and noticeable results: Non-surgical treatments produce instant results. So if you want to see immediate results of your face-lift treatment, going non-surgical is the option for you.
- Affordable: These treatments are cheap, and you can achieve great results. You can also choose from a wide range of treatments to improve multiple areas.
- Short recovery period: Unlike surgical treatments, non-surgical treatments do not have the downside of a lengthy recovery period. You don’t even have to experience anesthesia and having your skin go under the knife.
- Stress-free results: Not all surgical treatments can give you the results you expected. Getting non-surgical lift treatment, even though the results might appear a tad longer, you are confident that you will achieve your desired outcomes while having further treatments.
PDO Thread Lift
One of the non-surgical treatments that you can try is the PDO Thread Lift. This treatment is designed to lift your facial features subtly. It is one of the three types of sutures which is commonly used in thread lift procedures.
This procedure can reduce the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles. It can also improve texture and soften sagging skin tissues. It is a pain-free process that lifts your facial features and works best on your face and neck.
How Does This Procedure Work?
PDO thread lift procedure works by inserting the threads and lifting the treated areas. The threads come in various textures, and it is customized depending on your skin concern. PDO threads are dissolvable sutures that are inserted into the skin with a tiny needle.
After the treatment, you can immediately achieve a rejuvenated appearance. These PDO threads work into your skin in targeted areas and smoothen skin by generating cellular renewal through collagen stimulation. It is highly recommended for people who have skin texture, fine lines, and it improves skin elasticity for both men and women.
If you’re interested in getting a PDO face-lift, Your doctor will surely advise you to avoid alcoholic drinks and smoking for at least five days before your procedure. You will also have to avoid taking medications that may increase the risk of bleeding and bruising, such as:
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Green tea
On your treatment day, the physician will talk to you about the potential complications of the procedure. After the talk, your surgeon will proceed to do the following:
- Your surgeon will disinfect your face with alcohol and apply a local anesthetic using a needle under your skin.
- Your surgeon will create a small incision on your face. After that, your surgeon will insert a device called a cannula into the small hole.
- Your surgeon will insert the thread and pull out the cannula.
- They’ll finish the whole procedure by cutting the tread and ensuring that it’s secure in place.
After that, you’re free to go home.
Recovery And Aftercare
The recovery from this treatment is minimal. You may experience swelling for the first 24 to 48 hours. After the procedure, you can resume your daily routines right away.
You need to avoid rubbing your face after a week as much as possible to prevent dislodging the thread. You also need to prevent pursing your lips, smoking, and drinking using a straw for the first several weeks after your treatment. You also need to avoid sleeping on your side for one to two weeks. Other activities that you need to avoid are:
- Intense exercise
- Visiting saunas
Sleep with your head propped on a pillow. It can help you avoid accidentally rolling onto your face in the middle of your night.
Getting a non-surgical face-lift solely depends on the results that you want to achieve. Treatments like the PDO Thread Lift, which uses dissolvable sutures, are cheaper and faster than face-lift surgery. If you’re interested in getting a non-surgical lift therapy provider in your area, you need to ensure that your provider is a qualified practitioner. Take the time to find the proper non-surgical treatment which will help you with your skin problems. Clinics like Vital Aesthetics offer this kind of treatment, so don’t waste more time. Book an appointment today.